As our Principal Engineer you will have the responsibility to design and oversee key parts of the technical product development. You will be a very important participant in our architectural discussions and decisions. You will benefit from a collaborative mindset and a strong drive to solve problems alongside other team members. Your drive, confidence and adaptability is a great fit for our fast-growing international company.
Evoy designs develop and deliver world-leading powerful electric motor systems for boats in the commercial and leisure market. Our leading technology and high-performance product continue to reinforce and build a strong identity and brand that has a significant appeal in the international market.
We are proud to be a spearheading global leader offering the most powerful electric motor systems for boats. Being a significant contributor and driving force behind the electric boat revolution all our employees will experience the pleasure of surfing the green wave as we accelerate towards the future of emission-free boating.
The position will report to the CTO.
Deadline: Open for applications
What is Expected
include but are not limited to
- Coordinate, and decompose functional performance requirements to meet customer and contractual obligations
- Develop architecture and requirement framework across multiple baselines
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead activities
- Plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced systems and solutions
- Lead others to evaluate customer/operational needs
- Define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces
- Leads analyses to optimize system architecture
- Identify improvements and lead planning, implementation and monitoring of requirements and technology readiness assessment processes
- Collaborates with customers and program leaders, evaluating technical data and summarizes results in a succinct manner
What do you bring to Evoy?
- Min. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry, or relevant proven experience
- 5+ years of experience in analysis of requirements, architecture design and product design
- 5+ years of experience in in system design, analysis, modeling, simulation, verification, and validation
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholder
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Master’s or Doctorate of Science degree in Engineering or related science or technology field degree
- Extensive experience in systems engineering, requirements architecture, functional and allocated architecture, and verification
- Experience in developing and managing technical requirements and traceability
- Experience in CONOPS development, trade studies, and interface definitions
- Experience leading development of architectural approaches from customer and system requirements
- Understanding of Model Based Engineering practices and tools
- Experience leading multi-discipline engineering teams or a special project teams
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Demonstrated leadership for driving issue resolution and mitigating technical risk
- Proven experience effectively communicating and collaborating on multi-discipline teams
- Experience on military and/or government programs and/or projects
What does Evoy offer you?
- Opportunity to participate in the development of world-leading ocean technology for the blue shift
- 100% permanent position. Options in the company.
- An open contributing work environment. Enthusiastic, creative, committed colleagues.
- Head office and production facilities are in Florø, Norway.
- A flexible working day with varied tasks
- Good follow-up and good development opportunities both professionally and personally.
- The right candidate will be able to grow with the company and influence their own work frame and direction.
How to apply
Submit your application by adding your personal details below and uploading your application and resume (.pdf) then click Submit Application.
By uploading and sending your job application and resume you approve that your details are securely stored on Evoy’s server for 3 months before being permanently deleted.
If you have any questions or require any additional information kindly contact
- Linda Sinclair Aukland, HR and Administration Manager | email@example.com
Working at EVOY
Evoy is a pioneering organization experiencing vigorous growth. Our vision is irresistible boating, and our mission is to eliminate emissions from boats around the world and make an important contribution to the greatest challenge of our time, the climate crisis.
Evoy is an inclusive company. We believe that we gain strength and a better perspective on our products and services by hiring skillful candidates from diverse backgrounds and experience.
Evoy’s head office is in Florø and is known for its idyllic location and proximity to fjords, mountains, and sea. The great archipelago is perfect to explore with Evoy’s all-electric fast-moving boats.
With Evoy, YOU can personally make a real difference in the climate fight!
Learn more about Evoy
Get to know more about Evoy, the people behind the company and how to get involved.